- Removes bacteria & parasites: The microfiltration membrane removes 99.999999% of waterborne bacteria (including E. coli and salmonella), and 99.999% of waterborne parasites (including giardia and cryptosporidium).
- Removes microplastics: Removes the smallest microplastics found in the environment (down to 1 micron), and reduces turbidity down to 0.2 microns.
- Rigorous Testing: All claims are verified with laboratories using standard testing protocols set by the US EPA, NSF, ASTM for water purifiers.
- Long Lifetime: The microbiological filter will provide 4,000 liters (1,000 gallons) of clean and safe drinking water with proper use and maintenance
What are the advantages?
There are a number of ways in which this device can be of use, and there are also various benefits to choosing this high tech straw over other options.
- It’s really easy to use.
- It does not contain any chemicals.
- There aren’t any moving parts, which means that they are highly durable.
- They are portable, and you can take it wherever you go.
- They are lightweight at just 57 grams.
- It can filter 1,000 litres of water.
- It removes 99.99% of waterborne bacteria.
- It removes 99.9% of waterborne (protozoan) parasites.
- The technology used in these devices has received several awards including the Time Magazine Invention of the Year, the Well-Tech Innovation Technology Award, the Saatchi and Saatchi Award for World Changing Ideas, and the “Gadgets for Disaster Zones”.
- It’s highly affordable. Especially when you take into consideration the many benefits.
Important tips to remember
- When using it for the first time, or when empty, you will need to suck on it several times to get it going. Once you’ve got the water flowing, it will be that much easier.
- If, for whatever reason, you feel like it becomes blocked, simply blow back on it a bit and then continue drinking. When the water is particularly dirty, you might have to do this a few times because it could get clogged.
- Once you’re done drinking, remove the device from the water source and blow out of it just a bit to clear it out completely. If you don’t want it to drip after use, you can give it a light shake. If you are travelling outdoors in colder conditions, you want to make sure that the straw is as dry as possible after use. If water remains inside and freezes, it could cause damage.
- If you want to avoid your clothes getting wet, drink where the surrounding terrain is rocky instead of laying down on soil or grass.
Your Purchase Has Impact
For every portable personal water purifier you purchase, a person in need receives safe & clean water for a year. Over 10,000 of the portable water purifiers have been donated since early this year.